Get a same day Cash Loan of up to R150 000 - Apply now
Fill out our easy application form now and experience the speed of Same Day Credit.
Your security is our top priority. Rest assured that your personal information is encrypted and handled with the utmost care. Our secure, state-of-the-art technology protects your data from unauthorized access. We adhere to strict industry standards to ensure a safe and confidential lending experience for you. Your financial well-being is our commitment.
Losing your SASSA card or suspecting that it has been compromised can be a worrisome situation, but there are clear steps to take to secure your benefits. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of replacing your lost or compromised SASSA card, ensuring a smooth transition and safeguarding your social grants.
1. Contact the Bank or Cash Payment Services (CPS):
- Start by reaching out to the bank or Cash Payment Services (CPS) as soon as possible. You can contact them through the toll-free Call Centre at 0800 600 160. This number is toll-free when dialed from a landline. By reporting the issue, the bank can take immediate action to block your SASSA card, preventing unauthorized access to your account.
2. Visit the Nearest SASSA Office:
- If you prefer a more hands-on approach, you can visit your nearest SASSA office to initiate the card replacement process. Here’s what you’ll need to bring with you:
- Identification (ID) Document: If your ID was also lost, visit the Department of Home Affairs to obtain a temporary ID. While there, report the loss of both your SASSA card and ID.
- Affidavit for Lost SASSA Card: You’ll need an affidavit confirming the loss of your SASSA card.
- Personal Details Affidavit: Another affidavit is required to confirm your personal details and declare that you are not responsible for any unauthorized withdrawals or suspicious activities related to the lost card.
- Proof of Residence: Bring a document that proves your current place of residence.
- Social Grant Gold Payment Card: This card will assist in the replacement process.
- Personal Bank Details Proof: If your social grant was paid into your bank account, you’ll need to provide proof of your personal bank details.
3. SASSA Card Replacement:
- Following the submission of the necessary documents and the completion of required formalities, SASSA will issue a new card to you. Please note that a card replacement fee of R20 may apply.
It’s essential to act swiftly when your SASSA card is lost or compromised to protect your account and benefits. By following these steps and providing the required documents, you can ensure a hassle-free replacement process. This ensures that you continue receiving your social grants without any interruptions, providing peace of mind during an already challenging time.
Remember, swift action and adherence to the proper procedures are key when dealing with a lost or compromised SASSA card. This ensures the safety of your benefits and the continuation of your support.